Whether you are in the workplace or an entrepreneur, confidence is necessary. Confidence can be something you have innately, or it can be produced. Think about what gives you confidence. How do you feel when you have it? What does the confidence look like? What’s in your confidence account?
Entrepreneurs need to have more confidence than most because they are flagged as out-of-the-box thinkers. Most people think their ideas are crazy but only a true entrepreneur knows the struggles, the failed attempts, and the triumphs that come with being an entrepreneur.
Even with white-collar jobs you need to have confidence when working with your coworkers and your boss. You need to be able to speak up for yourself so that you won’t look naïve, or weak. There are activities or help aids you can use to defeat the pain points. Here is an example, if you have an issue speaking in front of people for a presentation, you should enroll in Toastmasters or an organization that assists with public speaking. In return that aid would boost your confidence account.
Confidence is a quality overtime that must be cultivated like any other attribute or skill.
Ready to increase your confidence tank? Check out the points below, if you have incorporated 3 out of the 5 points you are on the right track.
Confidence checklist points
- Change your attire – Does your clothes speak in a muted way or does it speak strong, vibrant, focused, courageous. If it is the latter, then make a change.
- Change your attitude – If you are not liking yourself how can someone else like you and think you are a person to engage in conversation with? People can determine your attitude as soon as you walk into a room.
- Mirror check affirmations – Affirmations assist in encouraging yourself, they also declare who you are to yourself so that YOU can believe the words coming out of your mouth. Think about it, if you don’t believe who you are, how can you confidently portray that to others? What you see in the mirror reflects, so reflect a confident person.
- Check your aptitude – Know your skills, abilities and know what you are passionate about and enjoy doing. If you know those things then confidence won’t be a problem.
- Step outside of normalcy – Explore your fears. Sometimes, if you step outside of your comfortable circle, you experience new opportunities, you succumb to bravery, and in return, you find out skills you never knew you had and a determination to stay confident.
Did you do ok? If not, it is ok.
Do you know who can assist in increasing your confidence account? Trusted friends. Get a friend or two that you trust who can assist you in increasing your confidence account. They can see possible ways you could adjust so that you can produce the confidence that’s needed.
Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful. – Mark Victor Hansen
Check out the graphic below and share if you believe this article really helped. I look forward to the comments.